A wash basin also known as a hand basin is an important part of any bathroom or home. It is a bowl-shaped vessel used for washing hands or face. It is usually placed on a pedestal or stand.
It is important to choose the right wash basin for your bathroom. There are a variety of basins to choose from. You need to choose the one that fits your needs. So, let’s know how to choose a perfect wash basin for your bathroom or home.
How To Choose a Wash Basin?
A wash basin is an important part of any bathroom. There are many different types of basins to choose from. You must choose the right one for your bathroom.
When choosing a hand basin, you need to consider these 3 things:
The size of the basin: The size of the basin is important. You should choose the right size of basin according to your bathroom space.
The shape of the basin: The shape of the wash basin enhances the look of your bathroom. You need to choose a shape that matches your bathroom style.
The type of basin: Choosing the type of hand basin depends on your personal preference. As in general, Wall Hung Basins are more suitable for small bathrooms and countertop or pedestal basins for large bathrooms.
Pros And Cons Of Wash Basin
There are pros and cons to every decision we make. This includes the decision to buy a hand basin. Here are some of the pros and cons of owning a basin.
PROS Of Wash Basin:
- Having a wash basin in your home can save you time. Due to this, you don’t need to go to the bathroom frequently to wash your hands or face.
- By creating a cabinet under the hand basin, it can be used as a storage container. You can store detergent, fabric softener, and other cleaning supplies in it.
- The basins can give a modern look of a home or bathroom and are also very useful for different tasks such as washing dishes and brushing teeth.
- A wash basin can be used to bathe pets. This can save your bathroom from getting dirty.
CONS Of Wash Basin:
- A hand basin can take up a lot of space. If you don’t have a lot of room in your home, you may not be able to fit one.
- A basin can be difficult to clean. You may need to use a lot of detergent and water to clean it properly.
- It can be a breeding ground for bacteria and mould. If it is not cleaned regularly, it can become dirty.
- Some premium wash basins can be expensive to purchase and install.
Types of Wash Basin
Wash basins come in all shapes and sizes, and while they may all seem to do the same job. Below are some popular types of basins.
1. Countertop Basin
The most common type of washbasin is the countertop basin, which gives a simple and modern look. A bowl-shaped basin that sits on the countertop is known as the countertop basin. This type of washbasin is easy to install and is perfect for small bathrooms.
2. Pedestal Basin
Another popular type of washbasin is the pedestal basin. This type of basin is attached to a pedestal base, which makes it taller than a countertop basin. Pedestal basins are often used in traditional-style bathrooms.
Finally, there is the under-counter basin, which is a basin that is installed under the countertop. This type of basin is perfect for adding extra space to the bathroom.
These are some types of wash basins to choose from. Based on the geometry, there are different shapes of hand basins available such as round, hexagon, rectangle and oval. Make sure you choose a basin that is easy to use and fits your décor.
So these are all about the wash basins. From this blog, we learned about the pros and cons of choosing a basin. Also, we have seen some popular types of basins, from which you can choose the one that meets your requirements and aesthetics. We hope the above-mentioned guide will help you buy the ideal hand basins for your bathroom or home. However, that depends upon the personal opinion of the homeowners.
NACS International is an ISO-certified company that manufactures tiles and sanitaryware in India and exports overseas. Our bar of standard for quality is quite high and we deliver aesthetic and eye-pleasing ceramic products with no compromise. With our beautiful assortment of products, we hope to make a lasting impression on the world.